Oh man!I'm finally finished moving my mother after her living in the same house for 30 years!
Let me just sound off.I know there are those of you out there who have delt with the same thing...moving an elderly parent to a smaller more affordable place to live,or downsizing as my mom calls it!
Well let me say.It was a horror show from the get go.I mean how many Jackets does one person need?And how many pairs of shoes can a person aquire in 30 years.Check my moms closet!
It wasnt the long drive so much as having to watch her look at every article of clothing,some as old as I am,that she hadn't worn in 20 yrs or better,that she wanted to keep and papers..gaud! report cards from us 6 kids,to receipts from 20 years ago.And toys.come on thats what goodwill is for.Im never gona miss having to wipe down those darn wooden stairs again!I was always concerned she would break her neck walking up or down them(slippery).When we have an elderly parent whos bathroom is upstairs,it's hard not to worry.Im so glad she is finally out of there.When we were children it was fun(kinda)to live there,all us kids hung out in each others houses.But I know it was hard for mom to feel safe after us kids moved out.The families who live in the development now are roudy.Its just not a place for a single older lady to be living alone.Guns,parties,drugs...name it and it is happening.And to be honest I was tired of cleaning that house.At least now she has a one bedroon apartment thats so adorable.I would live there in a heartbeat.And I know she is safe,thats is the most importaint thing of all.Even though Im beat tired as a dog.My house looks like world war 3 happened here.between all the stuff mom didnt want to part with that I ended up with that is cluttered on my 3 season pourch(to be sorted out later)meaning when I have time)which I never find any extra of)My laundry is climbing the walls.I dont have but 2 clean towels to spare,and I wouldn't want to walk barefoot on my floors to save my soul(well maybe),I'm sneezing and freezing and having nightmares about horses and dark rooms underground,I can say im content finally knowing all thats left is more unpacking and more hanging pictures,and more washing dishes,and sorting out clothes for the spring and summer for her and telling her every 10 minutes how cute her place is and how good a move she made and how she is gona be so much more happy there cause she(meaning me)wont have to keep that big ol house clean anymore.Now she (meaning me) just has to content with keeping a smaller place neat n tidy..Oh did I mention she has a little dog who likes to P when he sees anyone other than my mom come thru the door,Yeahh,here's to pissy rugs and floors.And I bet you know who's gona have to spot clean them,.her>(meaning me)gota love that!
No comments:
Post a Comment